Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter Decor - Ikebana-Inspired

Breakfast Table

Most breakfast tables are small so it's important to make a very small and simple arrangement.  Small arrangements can be fun to make.

I started with my favorite Lenox compote and let it inspire me. 

Lenox compote


I love the delicate scalloped edge of this compote.  I wanted to see this pattern throughout my arrangement.



First, I decided that cedar would cascade gracefully over the gold rim. 




Next, I added white Kale flowers.



Then, red and white Carnations.



To add height to the arrangement, I used Cytisus.

Ikebana-inspired arrangement
Lenox compote, Cedar, Kale flowers, Carnations, and Cytisus

Pick your favorite vase, dish or compote
and let it inspire you. 
It's fun and rewarding.

Christa


No comments:

Post a Comment