Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Dream



A friend shared this with me 

A dream written down with a date becomes a goal.
A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan.
A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true!


Cedarmere Farm
Dahlia,  the very first flower I sold to a florist,
Company Flowers

I have always wanted to have a cut flower business, but the idea was daunting.  It's a highly competitive market with huge growers all over the world.  It also requires many different skills and much know-hows.  I didn't even know where to begin.  

"A dream written down with a date becomes a goal."
I followed this advice and picked 2013 as my target date.  Once I picked a date, my dream became less abstract. 

"A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan."
Next, I started reading books and advice on how to start  a cut flower business.  The more I read, the more possible my dream seemed to become, giving way to a plan.  As I read, I learned of the necessary steps I needed to accomplish. 

"A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true!"
As I checked off the steps on my to-do list, my dream slowly solidified.  I still have many more steps to take, but my dream is no longer vague and daunting.  Thank you, Karin, for sharing this advice with me.  I would also like to thank Marnie, Jane, and Betty from Company Flowers (Arlington, VA) for their support and encouragement. Company Flowers is my very first customer and I am very grateful to have been received well by these three ladies, who I think are incredibly talented floral artists. 


I hope the advice Karin shared with me will help 
inspire you to reach whatever goal you have set for 2013.
  Please share your experience with me. 
                  
                                    Christa






No comments:

Post a Comment