Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Greetings From Harmony Garden - Heather


Bob and I were strolling along the winding path in Harmony Garden (to visit our Harmony Garden, see Post 1/9/13) when we were surprised by this cheerful bush of heather (calluna vulgaris) swaying gently in the bright sunlight.  It's always a treat to be greeted by such a happy and healthy plant that somehow managed to escape the cold grip of winter. 


Calluna Vulgaris - Heather
Harmony Garden, Cedarmere Farm

This lucky heather has been able to hide from Mother Winter.   

Heather Amidst Nature's Sauna
Harmony Garden, Cedarmere Farm

From where she is, this heather basks in the sun all day and gets the warmth at night from the sun's energy that has been stored during the day in the large surrounding boulders.  We have serendipitously given this little princess her own sauna!

Cheers!

                                                                       Christa

6 comments:

  1. Hello Christa

    The heather patch is just beautiful and blooms in the shelter of the boulders.
    I found your blog through Jane and so happy I did. I am your new follower and look forward to your visit
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I am so glad to meet you. Thank you for joining me on my blog. I LOVE your blog. It's so colorful, it's so beautiful. I love intense colors in paintings and photographs. I LOVE your paintings. How lucky are you to have 2 friends to paint with and wonderfully colorful subjects to paint! It's funny that we meet today because my husband said to me yesterday that I should pick up painting again. I need many many lessons before I can "pick up painting again" but that is definitely my short term plan. I think it's magical to be able to capture what you see on canvas adding your own interpretation of what you see. Christa

      Delete
  2. Hello Christa, I also found you through Jane. What an idyllic life you live, your surroundings look beautiful.
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Penny, I am glad you found me. You are right, we have an idyllic life and are surrounded by beauty. We are very blessed. Your blog is beautiful and fun to read. I particularly love the blue tones on your blog. In light of your childhood (which sounds fabulous BTW), check my posts on Turks & Caicos (Sun, Sand, Surf - 12/29/12; Beautiful Turks & Caicos - 12/20/12; JoJo The Dolphin - 12/20/12; Happy New Year - 1/1/13; and One Last Stroll - 1/3/13). Although my visit to Turks & Caicos had nothing to do with the subject of my blog, it was so beautiful there that I couldn't resist sharing. I think you will find T&C beautiful too. Christa

      Delete
  3. Hi Christa ~ I have just come from FlowerJane's blog and wanted to leave a little note to say hello. Your blog photos are so lovely, and I am totally jealous of your chickens! I would love to have my own someday, but we live in a city that doesn't allow "livestock" unless you have ample acreage. I do enjoy purchasing farm fresh eggs from our local farmers market. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb, thanks for stopping by and saying hi. The chickens are very funny. They are like pets. They follow us whenever they see us, especially when they see our bucket of treats. They are fun to watch, especially when they try to run. Christa

      Delete