Thursday, October 3, 2013

Glorious Glory


Morning Glory 
is one of those vines that will grow like a weed in the right environment.  Although considered an annual, the vines will self-seed readily in the same spots as the year before (and in places you don't want them to be! -- just "weed" the unwanted volunteers.).   I transplanted a few little volunteers around our deck and fences two years ago, and this is what I have this year.


Morning Glory, Cedarmere Farm

Morning Glory, Cedarmere Farm

Morning Glory, Cedarmere Farm

Morning Glory, Cedarmere Farm

Morning Glory, Cedarmere Farm

Morning Glory, Cedarmere Farm

Have a glorious day,

                                                               Christa



6 comments:

  1. So pretty. I have planted Morning Glories over several years without luck. Then this year I spotted the husband and his weedeater hanging out at just the spots where I placed my seeds. Problem half solved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan,
      A friend of mine did not have success in growing Morning Glory so I gave her a few little volunteers. They grew beautifully. I can mail you some next spring. Remind me in March/April.
      Christa

      Delete
  2. What a pretty little climber with beautiful flowers.
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you have to watch out for them, but they sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise,
      Agreed! Totally worth the trouble.
      Christa

      Delete