Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Wonder

Encased in Ice

We had an ice storm yesterday.  It rearranged my entire schedule.  The timing was particularly bad because I am a little behind in my Christmas preparations (doesn't that sound familiar - and stressful?).  But, instead of letting this unwelcome event get the better of me, I tried to follow Abraham Lincoln's advice:


We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, 
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.

I grabbed my camera and wandered around our yard looking for something positive in the whole mess.  And what I discovered was a magnificent world of icicles and sculptures -- I couldn't help but feel fabulous in spite of it all!  What mother nature gave me yesterday was a forced momentary halt from rushing around so I could embrace one of the wonderful gifts of the winter season.

















































Keep a positive outlook this holiday season; 
follow Mr. Lincoln's advice
--
you might find the next few weeks magical!  

Merry Christmas 
                                                     Christa 


16 comments:

  1. Yowsa Christa you got some kick ass pictures there. Just beautiful. Guess you can get even more today?

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to sit inside and look at all the beautiful ice covered world outdoors ... nice again today as it was sleeting and snowing all morning. You are a brave soul to get out there in it to take photos.

    Ours is melting ... how about yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, everything is melting very rapidly! So sad (now I have no excuse not to continue with my Christmas preparations).

      Delete
  3. So glad you chose the camera grabbing option. Loved every single image.
    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I was so excited to see so many beautiful things. The ice made them look spectacular.

      Delete
  4. Oh that is so beautiful! I've never seen anything like it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these photos are amazing! I've never seen anything like this. I'm so glad you took some time to capture these images! They are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I did too. From the comfort of my house, it didn't look inviting outside. I am glad I went out anyway.

      Delete
  6. Oh..My.. What is this!! Christa^^ These are Beautiful!! Who would thought.. take a picture in such a yucky day and got Lincoln's spirit! You definitely got his spirit and talents -make people smile. Thanks for sharing your wonderful winter season spirit!! Misuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misuk, thank you for visiting and thank you for your sweet comment. I am glad the photos helped lift your spirit.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous Christa! Amazing images - I don't think I have ever seen anything like thisbefore. Some of them are like strange beautiful insects. Great stuff!
    Have a lovely week.
    xoxo Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingrid, I was amazed by what I saw. It was quite exciting. Christa

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous pictures, Christa! Ice storms have a fairy tale quality to them--both dangerous and magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, You are so right. The ice transformed our landscape beautifully, yet, it was quite dangerous to be outside that day. Christa

      Delete