Thursday, January 16, 2014

Be Kind to Yourself

Fabulous expression, wouldn't you say?

My yoga teacher always tells us to be kind to ourselves as we try to execute what she instructs us to do.  She would say: do the best you can ... close your eyes ... you don't have to do what others can do.


At yoga today, Karin told us to turn the corners of our mouths up slightly to form a faint smile (one that maybe only we can detect) in order to relax the tense muscles in our faces.  As I put a smile on my face, not only did my tension melt away, but I also felt happy.  What a great way to be kind to yourself!  Try turning the corners of your mouth up slightly all day the next few days.  I think you will feel really good.


Yellow flowers always make me smile.  I hope this little yellow rose brings a smile to you, too.


 be kind to yourself,
smile

12 comments:

  1. Yes. Your yellow rose, being my favorite color, brought a big smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christa,
    Very good advice!
    Thank you for reminding me!
    Have a wonderful day.
    xoxo Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yellow rose is lovely. The perfect symbol of friendship and joy. Definitely smiling with intention today! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice and so simple too. I'm smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so simple? Keep smiling. Smiling is contagious, too!

      Delete
  5. I love that! I've had yoga teachers instruct to turn the corners of our mouth up and it always makes me smile even bigger than the slight suggestion. Your yellow rose flower is lovely! Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christa, great advice, so easy to follow and something we are all capable of doing. There is such a connection between body and mind, isn't there? But let's not forget that it works both ways: thinking negatively can also cause illness, known as psychosomatic disorders, say some experts. Thus, we must be aware of our well being, and try to be happy with whatever situation we are given, (within reason, of course), as the power of thought, obviously has the ability to affect us physically, too.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poppy, you are so right. We should try to think positive thoughts as often as possible. Smiling will help us feel better and happier.

      Delete