Saturday, January 4, 2014

Mother Nature at Her Best!


Snowflakes


I have heard that no two snowflakes are alike.  I have also seen drawings of snowflakes.  But I have never actually seen real snowflakes up close to truly appreciate their splendor until this week.   I received special lenses for my iPhone camera this Christmas from my husband and children.  With one of those lenses, I was able to see the intricacy of each snowflake.  They were beautiful beyond words!  It was an exhilarating discovery.  














































One of my New Year's resolutions is to look for other small wonders in the environment around us and share them.



12 comments:

  1. Amazzzzing pictures! You may have talked me into finally giving up my Blackberry for an iphone.

    Small wonders is a terrific resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, my husband finally switched out of his Blackberry. He likes his iPhone more than he thought he would. You will like it. It has a lot of fun features.

      Delete
  2. So cool! Please tell us exactly what you used to do this. Sounds like a wonderful toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, the lenses are iPro lenses. They are awesome and so convenient because they are tiny. I carry them in my purse so I always have access to a decent camera. There were many times in the past, I wished I had a camera with me. Christa

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Jane, great idea. I will. I have found a good printer that is reasonable. Christa

      Delete
  4. Christa... This is my second attempt at leaving a comment...my ipad is playing tricks on me! Your photos are just magical! So, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Happy 2014! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I am glad you kept trying. I hope the problem is not from my blog. Thank you for coming up with your list of words to focus on for 2014. This post was inspired by your word "seek." Christa

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. For once, I can't wait for it to snow again so I can find more snowflakes.

      Delete
  6. iPhone lenses?? Who knew? I am going to have to check into those. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love them. They are so small you can drop them in your purse so you will always have them. Three days ago, I saw beautiful sunlight on top of a church. The church was far away and I didn't have my real camera with me. BUT, I had my iphone lenses! So, I had no problem taking a few beautiful pictures. If you decide to buy them, let me know how you like them.

      Delete