Friday, May 30, 2014

PinkDazzled

As I was looking at my garden for pink flowers to join Beverly's Pink Saturday, I realized how much pink I actually get from late March/early April through to November.  (Wait until you see the pink wall in my house; THAT's another post!)  Pink is one of those colors, the many shades of which can be used either to soften or to electrify a space.  
Early Spring


This photo was taken last year

This photo was taken last year




This photo was taken last year







Right Now





Later in the Season 
(all of the photos below were taken last year)




























Best for Last

The Chrysanthemum flowers below are called Emperor of China.  These are the best flowers I have for many reasons.  First, they flower happily as late as November, when all of my flowering plants begin to get ready to go to sleep for the winter.  But best of all, they flaunt a multitude of pink shades, from bright electric pink to subdued powder pink, as they unfold their petals and slowly mature.  If you want to see more of this delightful plant, see my November 2013 post here.





Enough Pink?
:)


Would you hop over to Beverly's Pink Saturday with me to see what else is in pink?

14 comments:

  1. No matter when these breathtaking photos were made, they are still simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ein herrlicher " PINK - BLUMENKORSO !"
    Ein schönes Wochenende wünscht,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variety of beautiful pink flowers. To pick a favorite is difficult, but I really like the one of the butterfly on the zinnias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh what an array of gorgeous flowers you have in your garden. I was impressed for sure with their beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink flowers are always lovey and make me happy. All of them are beautiful. Your air must be filled with delicious perfume!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely photos, Christa. You must have an amazing garden. I like how you've used the Kale leaves as part of your pink flower arrangement. All the best, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection of pinks.. Beautiful flowers and blossoms..Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing them. HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post...such a beautiful variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing collection of images. The flowers are all so beautiful. Lets hope that it will be as good as last year. It looks like a good beginning!
    Have a lovely week!
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never get tired of pink and you have the whole range in your flowers. What an amazing garden you have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your visit!!

    What a lovely post this is, filled with so much beauty!! Truly fantastic pictures!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christa,

    I am tickled pink with all your pretty pink lovelies!! What a joy to have such beauty surrounding you at different times of the year! You planned your profusion of pinks perfectly!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow gorgeous flower captures. You must have a wonderful garden

    ReplyDelete