Monday, June 16, 2014

Ready for Summer?

One of my absolute favorite activities in the summer is to go beach-combing.  I am one of those people you see strolling the beach carrying a bag, head bent, eyes clued to the sand, and toes periodically tugging at some random object in the sand.  To me finding a beautiful shell, a piece of smooth sea glass, or a piece of dead coral is exhilarating.  I would spend endless hours wandering the beach, listening to the waves, feeling the cool water, breathing in the salty mist in search for my treasures.  My obsession paid off.  Now, I have a beautiful collection of sea treasures from New Jersey, Turks & Caicos, and Vietnam.










Paring with Succulents

Instead of just displaying my sea treasures in a basket or a glass container, I think adding succulents not only accentuates their unique characteristics, but also brings them to life somehow. 










This summer I get to go to both Long Beach Island, New Jersey (to visit my in-laws), 
and Mui Ne, Vietnam (to visit my parents).

Can't wait to bring home more sea treasures!



I am joining Jane for her Flowers In The House Party and Mary at her Mosaic Monday Meme.  Would you hop over to Jane's and Mary's with me?

                             


16 comments:

  1. You have found some beautiful treasures. Pairing the shells with succulents makes for a very pretty vignette. I love beach combing, too. The shells we find up here are usually small - nothing like those intricate specimens you've displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastical Christa! Hope where ever you are today is cooler than the steam bath we're living in.

    I have some of the same shells from Turks And Caicos. i must know the right people:-)

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  3. The succulents together with your shell treasures look gorgeous. Such fun to go on holidays and find more for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so rewarding and such a sweet surprise when a walk on the beach can lead to such magnificent marine treasures?! Love your collection and the way you've freshened it up with the succulents, which seem to be a perfect complement regarding shape and texture.

    Have a great week, Christa!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so pretty Christa. I'm like you, I can rarely visit the beach without bringing home a shell or stone. We are off to Vietnam next month - I'll be treasure hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christa...you always come up with the most interesting vignettes and remarkable photos! Beach combing is a favorite pass time. I enjoy bringing home treats from the beach! Hope you have wonderful trips. It goes without saying...photos, please. You know we want to share your bliss! Smiles...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection of treasures! The display looks so pretty and colorful.. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Succulents are so amazing and they look perfect amongst your beautiful seashells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful collection and the succulents are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What super shells; they beat the socks off what we collect on the Costa Brava. And combining them with succulents makes for a great look. Hope you have a fabulous time beach-combing over the summer for more. All the best, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely collection and display Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, Christa - these are so beautiful. What a great collection, and you're right - the succulents added are such a beautiful touch! Lovely! Wow - that's quite a summer you have planned! I'll look forward to seeing what treasures you find on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO much beauty--breath taking! I love the contrast of the places you are going this summer, and look forward to hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that are some great discoveries on the beach. Your finds look rich and abundant.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the way you've planted succulents in with shells! You've picked up some beauties!

    ReplyDelete