Thursday, June 12, 2014

We Met a Hinny

Last week, Bob and I drove to White Hall, which was about 30 minutes from our farm.  It was a beautiful drive.  

Along the way, we met a baby hinny and his father.  A hinny has a horse (stallion) as his father and a donkey (jennet) as his mother.  The baby would not leave his father's side.  It was the cutest thing you've ever seen.





The hinny spotted me and became very curious.  But still, he didn't want to leave his father's side.




The stallion finally became aware of my presence and came to check me out.



The hinny happily followed suit.  He trotted straight to me.  



He stayed and watched me for a long time, not realizing that his father had since left.



As soon as he realized that his father was no longer interested in me (maybe because I was not bearing gifts), the baby hinny reluctantly followed his father. 




I stayed for a while longer, probably a little too long.  The hinny became a little apprehensive and sought protection from his father.  How cute is that face?  It's clear that he feels perfectly safe now.




HAPPY FATHER'S DAY


to my Dad, my Hubby, 
and all the dads who are reading this post





I am linking with Good Fences.  Hop over there with me.

16 comments:

  1. Very cute. The stallion is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very cute! thanks for sharing these beauties and their fences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, that is the CUTEST thing, ever.
    I'm now following you thru Google Friends Connect..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how absolutely adorable. Great captures. The stallion is beautiful. wonder where mama was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really precious images. I like them a lot. So cute and sweet!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned a new word today. Papa and child are both beautiful, each in their own way.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute series! I love the close up next to the fence! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great photos! Loved looking at these! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute photos for Father's Day. I learned a new word today, too. Hinny. Love the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is adorable, and they are such a funny pair. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos of two lovely animals. I've never heard the terms hinny or jennet before, but they have sound great. I'm going to try them out tonight. We have some friends over for supper. As we all live in built-up London it may be a bit of a challenge working them into the conversation ... but I'll give it my best shot. All the best for the weekend, Bonny

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute. It's funny that he doesn't really look much like his dad but he sure was devoted.

    ReplyDelete